Moataz "Taz" Elmahdy
- Professional Affiliations:
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Southern Association of Orthodontics
- Fun Facts: In his free time, he loves watching and playing soccer, as well as reading. During his weekends, Dr. Taz enjoys exploring new restaurants, especially bakeries and coffee shops with his wife and two kids. He enjoys running and is a licensed scuba diver.
- Favorite Food: Chocolate
- Favorite Class in School: History
- Favorite Pastime: Watching soccer
- Favorite Extracurricular Activity: Training for a marathon
About Dr. Taz
Dr. Moataz “Taz” Elmahdy is a board-certified orthodontist who graduated from Cairo University in 2008, where his passion for orthodontics began. He originally began practicing general dentistry before realizing that orthodontics was the path he would embark on. Dr. Taz then attended the Craniofacial Program at the University of Kentucky, completed an orthodontic residency training at the University of Rochester in 2017, and also earned a master’s degree in oral biology.
When asked why he chose orthodontics he says, “When we meet people, their teeth is one of the first things we notice– so I love how we can make a huge impact in our patients’ lives by giving them beautiful smiles.”
Dr. Taz was born and raised in Egypt. He was previously practicing as an orthodontist in Virginia Beach before relocating to Northern Virginia this summer, a move his family dreamed of.